Solution Map is a process tool for idea creation, problem solving, knowledge sharing, and value and strategy processes. It’s a flexible tool that supports a process in which ideas, problems, and dilemmas are tested, solved, and discussed through the involvement of the desired stakeholders.
Solution Map is a simple and intuitive process tool that opens up for input and critique from several stakeholders – and makes documentation very easy.
Idea creation, problem solving, knowledge sharing, planning
The tool supports a process in which knowledge and ideas are continuously outlined, commented on, and documented. It makes it possible to gather all input – negative as well as positive – and make it visible to everybody.
Solution Map enables a process in which many stakeholders are involved and where knowledge is shared while reaching toward common qualified results.
DEVELOPMENT THROUGH OBSTRUCTIONS
The more ideas are challenged, the better they develop.Solution Map supports the creation of better ideas by setting up obstructions that challenge the participants in their ability to find and realise new perspectives, ideas and solutions in problem solving. A good idea can always be made better and Solution Map focuses on overcoming obstructions in the hunt for even better ideas. Bridgebuilder thus works both qualitatively and quantitatively with the creation of better ideas.
FROM PROBLEM TO SOLUTION
Solution Map is a game-based tool consisting of cards that are used to visualise and structure knowledge and different ideas around a center board. On the basis of a chosen subject, participants put problems, questions, answers, and solutions into play. Participants work in groups of three, and the tool uses changes of perspectives to highlight the different issues from all angles. The result is a documented process in which different knowledge and ideas result in a sequence of arguments that are visible to everybody. Solution Map makes it easy to evaluate and continue on to the next phase of work based on the results of the process.
“ISS uses a number of process tools designed by Workz. We have had great experiences in using their challenging and interactive tools in connection with our workshops", said Carsten Cramer, Business Development Director, ISS Facility Services A/S.
FACTS ABOUT SOLUTION MAP
- Solution Map caters to organisations, companies, and institutions that want to involve several stakeholders in a development, implementation or innovation process
- Solution Map is a flexible tool that can be used in several different situations and in many ways
- One set of Solution Map can be used by 9 participants
- It is possible to use several sets of Solution Map during the same process, so several hundred people can participate at the same time
- The process duration is 1-3 hours
- Solution Map is easy to use and only a short introduction is needed in order to start working