Wallbreakers® is a tool used to train implementation and anchoring of organisational change. The game is about transforming resistance towards change into understanding, acceptance and support.
Most large change processes involve frustration, resistance, and reduced productivity. This is a natural part of all change processes. Whether a change process is off to a successful start, implementation, and anchoring depends on how well managers deal with the human dimension of the change processes.
PRACTISING CHANGE LEADERSHIP
Wallbreakers is a captivating simulation of a change process that offers managers a safe forum to try out difficult leadership skills. The simulation focuses on how to motivate employees to take part in the desired change, and how the different phases of change processes require different forms of leadership.
Wallbreakers uses game dynamics and is built around a specific business case. Participants work in groups of three to six. Each group has to navigate a team of fictitious employees through a change process in three phases. The groups work on change intensity, prioritising of resources, and handling various personality types and individual needs among the employees.
Wallbreakers is based on a series of well established theories on personality types, management, organisational culture, and change processes, including MBTI/JTI, Edgar Schein, John Kotter, Rick Maurer and Daniel Goleman.
More than 20.000 managers across the world have already used Wallbreakers. Spotify, KLM, Volvo, CSC, Arla Foods, ISS, Copenhagen Business School and Danfoss are among the companies thar have used Wallbreakers when working with change management.
"Wallbreakers has worked as a perfect frame for understanding the dynamics at stake in a change process, and of the importance of a management that knows how to deal with the human dimension."
– Torben Petersen, Senior HR-consultant, Danfoss Group Global.
- For managers, project managers and employees involved in change processes.
- As part of leadership development programmes.
- In major changes processes e.g. implementation of LEAN.
- Creates a common frame of reference for those working with change and resistance.
- Increased reflection among managers on their own leadership style in change processes.
- A game set can be used by 8-24 people.
- Several sets can be used simultaneously.
- A normal session lasts 1- 1½ days.
- Can be facilitated by Workz or by your own employees who have been certified by Workz.
- Available in English, French, German, Danish, Finnish, Swedish, Norwegian, Dutch, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese and Turkish.
- Additional exercises can be tailored to meet your organisation's needs.