Connected is a simulation tool that trains the participants in the art of networking. Through simulation it focuses on the importance of networks where the participants learn by doing, both individually as well as with each other.
TODAY’S ORGANISATIONS REQUIRE NETWORKS
In a society characterised by high speed and ongoing changes there is a need for networking. A network is a field of relations where trust arises and grows. Within networks possibilities for development, innovation, and co-creation are increased.
New ideas, visions, and results develop quickly – because networks are based on trust – and thereby cooperation and knowledge sharing is fostered. There is, thus, a need for networks – both for individuals and for organisations that want to support cross-organisational cooperation. However, not everybody finds networking easy.
TRAINING IN NETWORKING BY NETWORKING
Connected trains the participants in the art of networking. The simulation is not only a playground where the participants can try out networking in a fictional world, it is also a framework for the creation of real networks.
Connected teaches the art of networking through the act of networking. It’s a tough process that is educational and helps to create value.
BUILDING UP RELATIONS
Connected is a role-playing simulation in which participants are challenged with respect to their ability to create results through knowledge sharing and establishing relations.
Each participant is equipped with unique but limited knowledge and qualifications. The participants know which results to target, but they don’t know how to reach them. Therefore they need to share their unique knowledge with each other, use one another’s competences, and create alliances and relations.
- As a warm-up exercise and icebreaker with a focus on crossfuntional colaboration
- As a real network builder
- As a tool for training netwoprking competencies to sales people, stakeholder managers, and other professionals who work in networks
FACTS ABOUT CONNECTED
- Caters to organisations, companies and institutions that want to foster cross-organisational cooperation and learning
- Supports knowledge sharing, cooperation, and value implementation
- One set of Connected can be used by 20-30 participants.
- It is possible to use several sets of Connected during the same session, so up to several hundred people can participate at the same time
- Duration; 2 - 4 hours
- Can be used as a course in itself, or for instance as a kick-off in workshops where the participants need to get to know each other